At Allergy and Asthma Texas Health, we offer coaching programs for home cooking skills and healthy eating with our Premium Health program.
Coaching Programs for Home Cooking Skills & Healthy Eating
Dr. Elizalde teaches individuals and families to adopt and sustain behaviors that can help manage chronic conditions like food allergies or eczema. Or simply improve and optimize health and well-being. She incorporates the most current and best scientific evidence.
We proudly offer two tailored and innovative courses which you have access to as a member of our Premium Health program: for Food Allergies and for Healthy Living.
These courses provide effective, results-oriented and joyful ways to help you overcome barriers to cooking healthy homemade meals more often. And if you are struggling with food allergies, you will learn how to better manage the process of food oral immunotherapy and make allergen-free meals.
Dr. Araceli Elizalde has been trained and certified as a CHEF (Culinary Health Education Fundamentals) Coach. Developed at the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital at Harvard Medical School, this program is based on “Culinary Medicine”, blending the art of food and cooking with the science of medicine. These 5-part courses emphasize skills such as food choices, shopping, food storage, and meal planning and preparation.
Why these courses?
Enjoy a healthy change in your life! You will be empowered to make more homemade food in less time. You will learn culinary skills and short-cuts, and gain confidence in cooking. For those with allergies, you can enjoy a safe, healthy change in your life, while following your medically indicated elimination diet.
Who can benefit from these courses?
Individuals and families affected with food allergies or food intolerance. Or anybody who desires to eat healthier! You decide what to eat, we’ll meet you where you are during the coaching process. Whether you are a single young professional, a lactating mother, a parent who is looking for healthier food options for the family, or someone who would like to lose weight, come and learn the medical benefits of home cooking.
What can you expect to learn?
- Learn culinary skills to easily cook at home with fresh ingredients, including fruits and vegetables, while reducing processed food consumption.
- How to source healthier ingredients, including sustainably grown food.
- Learn tips for snacking and adopting healthier eating behaviors during the day.
- Learn how to plan meals and support eating family meals together.
- Create a healthier kitchen and pantry, and kitchen workflow.
Do you have allergies or asthma?
- Learn how to read labels and avoid cross-contamination.
- Tips for converting your favorite recipes into allergen-free recipes.
- Guidance on setting up an allergy-friendly kitchen at home.
- Helpful advice on navigating the restaurant scene with food allergies.
- Support groups for fun and encouragement, to help you stay on track.
Join our Premium Health program to begin your coaching course.